Brook Edge Cottage
View available dates
Doc Martin House
Tucked away on the North Cornish coastline is the beautiful fishing harbour of Port Isaac. The village harbour looks out to sea over a pier built in the reign of Henry VII. There are many delightful and interesting walks around the village, along the coast paths and in the surrounding countryside.
Although a popular holiday destination, the village retains its peaceful old world charm. In recent times the village has played host to the cast and crew of the popular television series ‘Doc Martin’ which is based in the village of Port Wenn (Port Isaac). Many a happy day can be spent meandering around the narrow streets with a wealth of local amenities available to you.
Port Isaac itself is, to this day, a working fishing harbour with local fishermen landing their catch daily. Spend time walking the coastal paths, have lunch in one of the many fine restaurants and pubs or just sit and relax in the harbour with a cool glass of wine – the choice is yours.
Home of The Fisherman’s Friends – Click For Information.
As Port Isaac is centrally based along the North Cornish coastline you will also find it very easy to reach many of the interesting and wonderful places to visit. Close by you will find:
- The beaches at Polzeath, famous for its fantastic body boarding and surfing activities.
- The Camel Trail which is a must for all walkers and cyclists.
- The towns of Padstow (Busy fishing village and Rick Stein) and Wadebridge are also within a short car ride.
- Tintagel – the legend of King Arthur
- Boscastle – famous harbour
- Pencarrow – Lovely house and gardens
- Rock – sailing and windsurfing
- St. Endoc Golf Course and Rosearrow Golf Course
- Daymer Bay – Betjeman country and fabulous beach
- The Eden Project – a must for every visitor
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan – restored to it’s former best and work in progress