Brook Edge is a small 1 bed roomed holiday cottage in Port Isaac. The nature of the old building makes alterations difficult for some facilities. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call.
- We have a website www.brookedge.co.uk
- Bookings/enquiries can be made via email, phone or post, or online.
- The nearest bus stop to the cottage is approx. 3/4 mile, the nearest train approx. 20 miles. The bus stop is at the top of the village and it is a steep hill down to the house.
- The nearest RADAR toilet is approx. 150 metres
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is no parking with the cottage, and Middle Street is a No Parking area.
- There is a public pay and display car park at the top of the village (1/2 Mile) which is level and has disabled spaces.
- The route down from the car park to the cottage is well lit and tarmac, but very steep.
- You can unload outside the cottage. There is a step up into the house about 20cm high.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- The main entrance is directly off the road into the cottage. There is a step of approx. 20cm. The stable door opens directly into the lounge. There is a mat sunk into the floor by the door, otherwise the floor is wooden. On the armchair is the Welcome Pack with further details.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- The stairs in the cottage are quite narrow due to the age of the building. There are an initial 3 steps, a 90 degree bend to the left, further steps and then another 90 degree bend to the left. The stairs narrow towards the top.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- You enter the lounge direct from the street. There is a mat inset into the floor by the main door, the rest of the flooring is wood. Leading from the lounge is the kitchen, and the stairs. There is a table for 2 in the lounge which is moveable to gain access.
- Furniture is moveable
- A two seater sofa, and one easy chair provided, both armed.
- FreeSat TV with remote control (also available are DVD, radio and MP3 docking station)
- There is no garden or yard at Brook Edge
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There is 1 bedroom in the cottage.
- Double bed provided.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided.
- TV with DVD player provided.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Bath with mixer tap and shower over.
- Flooring is laminate.
- Space under washbasin is free.
- An information folder is provided in the cottage.
- There is no mobile phone coverage in the house. There is a landline for incoming calls only
- The cottage is strictly no smoking
- Well behaved pets are welcome
Address: Brook Edge, 23 Middle Street, Port Isaac, Cornwall, PL29 3RH
Telephone: 01208 880996 (bookings are taken on 01335 324483)
- The next project is to somehow install a proper shower over the bath.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01335 324483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created: 4 August 2009
Modified: 16 July 2014
Modified: 9 December 2015